Thursday, August 27, 2020

To Whom It May Concern...



To Whom It May Concern, 

I do not write this in a threatening or intimidating fashion. This isn't tough talk or aggressive posturing or any of that. It is simply a point of fact. 

Black people are watching. Closely. We are aware and we are tired. Please believe that those of us who are concerned about the current climate are preparing. We will have no intentions of being victims and we have no intentions of revisiting days gone that some of you consider to be great. 

I think I speak for many of my kinfolk when I say we will respect everyone. But let me be clear: We will take care of the homefront. We will protect ourselves and our families. We will not suffer dehumanization or disrespect. At all. 

I say this with no anger, malice, or hatred. Black people will do what we must. We always have. We always will. Please make a note of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment