Thursday, April 18, 2019

The Mueller Report: An Aura of Ambiguity

Good afternoon family.

So unless you've been living under a rock you are aware that a redacted version of the Mueller report has been made public today. Pundits, journalists, news anchors, bloggers, and everyone with even a passing interest in politics has been buzzing about it all day. While I'm still reading it I must express that I'm dealing with a couple of sizable issues in regards to the report. Chief among these issues is that Robert Mueller and his team seem to have clearly gone out of their way to create an aura of ambiguity. After two years of investigation we get neither a full indictment nor complete exoneration. Instead we're getting this hazy kind of "We're not prepared to implicate or exonerate" narrative(at least that's my take).

That shit gets on my nerves if I'm to be honest. Maybe it's just me(and I'm fully willing to admit that it just might be) but after two years I think the public deserves some definitive answers. I mean if you want to say that Mueller's team felt they couldn't prove criminal conspiracy fine. That's a pretty high bar and you're probably going to need a smoking gun if you're going to make a charge like that stick. But just based off of what I've read it should be easy(again a least to me) to make a case for obstruction of justice. In fact much of the language in what I've read all but implicates that Trump himself attempted to obstruct justice. But instead of taking a clear stance Mueller seemed to deliberately back away from making a formal statement. I have no idea why.

So what this does is it creates more chaos, creates more questions than answers, and leaves the door wide open for random interpretation. Trump and his cohorts are claiming victory even though the report doesn't even come close to exonerating him. Worst of all, this all but assures that absolutely nothing is going to happen. Without any type of definitive language that implicates Trump committed a crime he and the rest of those grimey pieces of trash he runs with are going to skate. Democrats have already shown they're too shook to challenge Trump. Republicans have basically become Trump's bitches (yeah I said it) so they're obviously not going to do anything. So what we'll get is a week (maybe two) of victory laps from Trump sychophants on the right and conspiracy theories on the left.  But what we absolutely will NOT get is Trump and his criminal cohorts being held accountable or brought to justice.

So with that I'm going to take my time as I read this report. Because nothing is going to come of this and I think everyone deep down knows it. The democrats are too weak. The republicans are owned by Trump have no will of their own. This time next month almost no one will be talking about this (I'd absolutely LOVE to be wrong though). Which is a shame. Because based just on what I've read so far the truth is right there. But so far it seems Mueller and his squad are reluctant at best to stand on it.

Thanks for reading. As always follow your brother on Twitter @DocSinn, support The Pavement on Patron(https://patron.podbean.com/pavementmedia), and keep your eyes open for new podcasts coming very soon(pavementmedia.podbean.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment