Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Message To White People

I want people to read this.  I want people to understand this.  I originally posted this in a discussion forum I belong to on Facebook(Mind Wide Open).  I decided to make it a part of my blog post today because for some reason, I don't think some people get it.  So I'm going to post it here:

Dear White People


Usage of the word nigger is not permissible. Period. Under any circumstances. You are not free to use it. At all. Expect full backlash when you do. The fact that there are less enlightened black people who use the word is of no
consequence. The fact that you hear it in rap songs is of no consequence. The fact that you hear black comedians use it is of no consequence. It does not give you the freedom to use that word. That era is over. You do not have the freedom to say it.

Also for those who seem to be oblivious to history, the reason the word nigger is a part of the black cultural lexicon in the first place is because racists bombarded us with that word for hundreds of years. Since entering this country we have been referred to as niggers. So when you hear black people using the word, keep in mind that it was your wicked ancestors who forced this word onto us to begin with.

You will not say nigger. You will not make nigger jokes. You will not go there. Expect backlash when you do. We who seek the advancement of black people will not tolerate it.

Thanks.

PS. Paula Deen can go fuck herself.

I posted this because I'm tired of hearing about how "nigger" is just a word or how black people use the word too(or other shit that I frankly find silly).  Bill Maher recently came to the defense of Paula Deen stating that nigger is just a word.  Now let me first say that a white person defending another white person calling black people niggers is fuckery at the finest.  Secondly for some reason, in this so called post racial America, white people still don't seem to get it.  Racists have been using the word nigger as a means to demean black people since the first day we came to this country. 

The reason you hear nigger in rap music, in movies, and from black comics is because our people have been bludgeoned with it to the point of it becoming a part of our cultural lexicon.  It's also outrageous in my view to suggest that people like Deen should be free to be racist just because you heard  Lil Wayne or Dave Chapelle use it.  Look at the history of my people.  Look at what we have suffered through here in America and tell me again that nigger is just a word.

I've been debating this point with whites as well as brothers and sisters since the story on Deen broke.  While I can appreciate the position of well intentioned brothers and sisters and some whites I must tell you that my position is unchanged.  Nigger is not just a word.  White people, you are not free to use it.  When you do, I and other brothers and sisters are going to bring it to you.  Hard.  You are not free to use the word nigger.  Regardless of what you think.  Fuck what you've heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment